Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Daily Journal: Write from the point of view of a stack of paper a few inches away from the shredder.

      "Oh god! Oh god! Oh god!" I heard from beneath me. Oh what were they so scared about I was going first. The all kept saying "Take one for the team" and "It'll be over be fore you know it."
    Easy for them to say. They weren't the ones about to be destroyed before they could should show off their true potential. I could see the shredder just staring at me. Peering right into my ink filled little soul. I was so scared but every paper has their time to shine and their time to shred. I guess this was mines.
     I collected my thoughts and began to speak. "My fellow Stackians. I am here as your volunteer for first shred. I know their are many who would also step to the plate." I paused for a moment knowing those last words were lies because no one would step up to this plate.
   "But I am honored to be the first of many to say that I have served my stack well." I sighed at the thought of all the things I wont ever be able to display. All the pie charts and maps. All the letters and emails I'll never get to reveal.
 But I guess its for the best. I've had my days and now it was time for me to move aside and make way for the youth of my significant Stackians.

No comments:

Post a Comment